Lots of people agree, vote Haris for VP!
Why Should I Be Your PRASS VP?
Over the course of the year, I have gone above and beyond my role as a marketing officer to assist in all events held by PRASS - from designing the main conference theme from scratch to creating a variety of marketing materials for various events. Even now, in the midst of exams and dissertation deadlines I suggested having an official PRASS website, which I am creating and editing as we speak. Additionally, when our previous secretary had to leave, I decided to step up and take the responsibility of this role. Clearly, I just can't get enough of PRASS!
I am very fond of both the society as well as the members within it and I would do my best to carry on the caring and hardworking atmosphere the previous VPs have created. Having worked closely with the VPs on creating and marketing the materials for all our events, I have a good grasp on what it takes to be a strong VP and I intend to lead by their example.
What Can I Offer?
I will carry on the excellent work that this year's VPs have demonstrated. I will ensure that downstream communication from core committee remains clear and efficient and that deadlines for events are announced with enough time for the members to carry out their respective tasks. I will work together with my fellow VP to make sure that next year's conference is full of innovation and interaction. I really enjoyed helping out at this year's conference and I now have a good idea of what works well and what could be added to elevate the whole experience.
I will work closely with our marketing team to try and expand our reach to a more international audience, in efforts to aid those who may not get much exposure to plastic surgery teaching. Finally, as we continue to come out of the pandemic regulation, I will push for more in-person events for students to take part in, both in terms of lectures and practical sessions.
- I intend to bring a strong work ethic to my role as VP and continue to improve both the reach of the society as well as the delivery of its events.
- I will maintain clear communication downstream from core committee in a timely manner.
- I will work closely with marketing and events to ensure next year's conference is even more interactive and innovative.
- I intend to broaden our interaction to international realms in order to help those lacking in education.
- I will push for more in-person sessions with regards to lectures and practical sessions.