"Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road"
Hi! My name is Daiana and I am a first-year International Relations student. As I was growing up in the precariously positioned Kazakhstan, international relations and politics predominated every aspect of my life, making me passionate about diplomacy.
Why Vote for Me?
In creating "EmpoweredYouth" website as an initiative to promote awareness of socio-economic and political topics of international importance, has given me the experience of establishing a platform. It widened my cultural outlook, wherein I had the opportunity to connect with people from all over the world, thus allowing me to develop both team-working and leadership skills.
Organising community service initiatives like teaching ballet classes to underprivileged kids, allowed me to be more in tune with the needs of others, providing me with the skills to organise and plan engaging events for students.
Through my work experience as an Events Organiser and “Discuss4Change” Ambassador, I developed strategic skills in marketing by coming up with innovative ideas and promoting the company in-person and on social media.
- Develop a closer connection within the society - Increase frequency of social events to provide students the opportunity to make life-long friends, and create a 'Family Scheme' to establish tighter bonds throughout the year-groups.
- Diversify the range of social activities/events - In addition to existing socials, cocktail parties, and balls, incorporate activities that promote inclusivity like: informal coffee&snacks discussions, picnics, game nights, treasure hunts, and fundraising events for issues of importance. Organise an outdoor International/Cultural Festival with stalls from countries around the world.
- Diversify the academic scope of activities - Include the political coverage of current events across all parts of the world, and aim to include talks from foreign ministers.
- Inter-university collaboration within UK and beyond - Liaise with other societies and universities to put on joint events and expand the network of communication.
- Increase Engagement - Closely work with Communications/Marketing team to promote the society and film short videos of events and the overall Diplomacy community over the year to capture the tight-knit atmosphere of the society.
As an enthusiastic candidate, I will strive to excel at the position and become an asset to the society!