-Make Potter great again..
-Happy captain, happy freshers
I listed some changes I am planning to do as a fresher mens captain on the club and the way I live. Hope you will love the touching journey of me and the fresher men's team for next year.
Mandatory tasks I will do as freshers captain:
For this role I will generate brand-new 2 personalities which will never mixed together:
- UCL CHESS’ captain
- Introduce them to social life of kclbc
- Explain terms and conditions of ginning by showing them. Give them a chance to shadow me and learn.
- KCLBC fresher men's captain.
- Will be rowing focused.
- Team player
Furthermore, I will change my physical appearance to fit this role and interact more men to our club. this deal includes:
- Learning Dutch to grow 6 inches over summer.
- Losing a minimum of 10 kg over summer to attract more people by showing how rowing can lead to healthy life.
Finding a brand-new Potter with a different character name who will be low maintenance. For this role:
- Character options will be discussed with senior men’s captain
- Chosen characters must fill 3 primary criteria.
- Does the candidate look like that character?
- Will kclbc be banned from places because of using that name?
- Survey will be done and at least 92% of the kclbc seniors should know that character/reference.
Attendance for the new potter should be more than 80% for training and 85% for the socials. This will be discussed with the new Potter and ask him to sign a deal. Deal includes:
- If Potter cannot match the minimum attendance requirements, he should be ginned.
- If Potter misses a training, he shall be binned.
- If Potter will match requirements, he will be blessed.
-Filling old Fresher captain’s place and in memory of our formal captain, I will also:
- Improve facial expressions.
- Listen more heavy metal music.
- Have good relations with fresher wam.
- Will not take my KCLBC kits off at all costs, unless we have a dresscode for kclbc social.
Further moves as a freshers captain will include:
- Be their drinking “sensei” and show them how they can lower their times for both downing a pint for a boat race event at Guys Bar and beating uclbc freshers on a DC Challenge.
-At the end of the year, one of the best students for drinking will challenge a returning Charlie Bay - both downing pints and DC Challenges - at a one-year only impromptu fresher ginning social.
- We will have at least one gym session, one on the water session and one DC/GB session excluding race weeks. Will increase the turn up of freshers for “Sports Night “ as well as other important training sessions.
- Will motivate new freshers to work hard for better rowing and take their
vir-GIN-ity by ginning them on the first social.
- Since KCLBC is one of the oldest societies in King’s College London, we already have great traditions. Will give all freshers a chance to experience all club cohesion and initiations.
Cooperation with other committee members:
- This cooperation includes at least 2 main organisations.
- Freshers only night
- Setting gym sessions and required moves
-For freshers night:
- This concept is called a freshers only event. It is for breaking ice between fresher men and fresher women. This will be organised with fresher men’s vice-captain, fresher women captain, fresher women vice-captain and social secretaries. I take part in the organising freshers only event for this year and willing to make it a tradition in the club.
-For setting gym sessions:
- Will speak with big Harv and beg for mercy. Since he is the unofficial gym sponsor of kclbc and represents our club every week in various gyms/ various times, it would be a great match. Some say he goes to the gym 9 times a week including bank holidays. I was one of the freshers who never experienced the gym and always acted cautious about it. I asked him to join his gym sessions and learned/still learning much. It would be beneficial for other new freshers joining our family to have that chance.
Your future captains Ata and Yuvi x