Hi! I’m Gayatri (she/her), a first-year Politics student.
I’m applying for an editor role with the Indian Political Society.
Prior Experience and Interests:
- Editor and contributor for the IR section at The Dialogue, the Politics Society’s journal.
- Freelance journalist with articles featured in the Times of India.
- Co-EIC (2020) for the Homegirl Project, a non-profit aiming to increase female participation in politics.
- Editor and contributor for The Beacon, flagship news publication for my HS.
- MUN fangirl— I’m a pro at drafting directives, press releases, and tacking on amendments.
- I’m a huge foreign policy afficionado. My interests lie broadly with India’s interactions in Asia-Pacific, in particular with China, and her maritime policies. You can find me raging at Mamata Banerjee on most days.
I think I’m great for this role for a few reasons:
- Prior experience (shown above).
- Experience working in teams, drafting and formatting publications, and adhering to deadlines.
- Concise and effective writer.
- A wide range of interests to write about and cover in relation to India.
- A sneaky meme folder to keep everybody going when Indian politics has one of *those* days.